in ,

Zionists launch ‘refined’ genocide on Rafah in defiance of ICJ

Alameen Templeton

Palestinian Resistance factions say they blame Washington for the horrific Zionist massacre in Rafah against displaced families residing in a tent city “safe zone” on Sunday afternoon.

The brutal attack came just 48 hours after the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ordered “israel” to withdraw its troops from the city.

The United States remained tight-lipped about the ruling, issuing a terse statement that “we’ve been clear and consistent on our position in Rafah”.

The Times of “israel” claims that means “israel’s” Rafah operation has not yet breached levels of violence Washinton has warned against.

Hamas says US President Joe Biden is fully responsible for the latest massacre, Al Mayadeen reports Monday.

Hamas said the attack was a “blatant challenge, complete disregard, and defiance” of the ICJ ruling that the Nazi state cease its aggression on Rafah.

Hamas asserted Sunday “israel” would not have committed the massacre without American support and a green light to invade Rafah, despite the city being full of displaced families.

The movement demanded the immediate and urgent implementation of the ICJ’s decisions. It also called on the world to increase pressure on the rogue “israeli” state.

However, the US seemed prepared to oppose all efforts to hold the rogue state accountable under international humanitarian law.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said that he is willing to help Congress impose sanctions against International Criminal Court (ICC) officials over their request for arrest warrants against Israeli officials, Reuters reports.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told Blinken that he wanted Washington to impose sanctions against the ICC as a response to the arrest warrant requests.

“I want to take actions, not just words,” the senator told Blinken. “Will you support [a] bipartisan effort to sanction the ICC, not only for the outrage against Israel but to protect, in the future, our own interest?”

“I welcome working with you on that,” Blinken responded.

And Mike Johnson, Republican Speaker of the US House of Representatives, said last week Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would soon address a joint meeting of the Congress. He made the announcement just days after the International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants for Netanyahu and “israeli” defence minister Yoav Gallant.

“Tonight, I’m happy to announce … we will soon be hosting Prime Minister Netanyahu at the Capitol for a joint session of Congress,” Johnson Thursday night.

He added Netanyahu’s appearance would be “a strong show of support for the Israeli government in their time of greatest need,” The Cradle reports.ž

Meanwhile, Israel sharply rebuked German Chancellor Olaf Sholz for saying Germany would arrest Netanyahu in response to the ICC warrant.

“I am old enough to remember the German leader coming here days after Oct. 7, and stating the Hamas are the new Nazis. They seek a genocide against the Jews. Many in the world need to check their moral compass and be on the right side of history.” Avi Hyman, Netanyahu’s spokeman told the Times of “israel”.

Despite their defiance, the rest of the world remains shocked and revolted at the savagery of the rogue state. This was on naked display in Rafah yesterday afternoon.

Al Mayadeen reports Gazy civil defence reported the “israeli” occupation committed a horrific massacre through the concentrated and deliberate bombing of a centre for the muhajireen, established in UNRWA barracks in the northwest of Rafah.

The center was bombed with more than seven missiles and large bombs, each weighing more than 2000 pounds.

Balakrishnan Rajagopal, the UN special rapporteur on the right to housing, has called for action against Israel in the wake of its latest attack on displaced Palestinians in Rafah.

“Attacking women and children while they cower in their shelters in Rafah is a monstrous atrocity. We need concerted global action to stop Israel’s actions now,” he said in a post on X.

Democrat congressman from California Ro Khanna said “The horrific loss of innocent lives today with the bombing of a refugee camp underscores the moral urgency of stopping the Rafah campaign,”

Emergency workers rushed dozens more wounded people to medical centres in Rafah, but the overwhelmed facilities lack the capacity to treat the sick, many with severe burns.

The Palestinian Authority denounced the “heinous massacre”, saying it was an insult and a direct challenge to the ICJ ruling.

Even as outrage grew, Israeli forces continued attacks across the Gaza Strip, killing at least five in Gaza City and another in the Bureij refugee camp, Al Jazeera reports.

This is just fine, as far as the US is concerned.

The Times of “israel” says the White House seems content to sit back and prepare more arms shipments. That’s after Sullivan returned last week from “israel”, reassuring Americans he’d been briefed on “refinements” to the Rafah attack plans.

What do you think?

427 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by WebAdmin

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Loading…

0

ICJ stops nazi ‘israel’ in its tracks, orders end to Rafah attack

‘israel’ faces mounting outrage as Rafah atrocities and the bodies pile up