in

ICJ stops nazi ‘israel’ in its tracks, orders end to Rafah attack

Alameen Templeton

Nazi “israel” must halt the Rafah attack, open the border crossing, and allow unimpeded access to aid and war-crime investigators, the International Court of Justice has ordered in a historic ruling.

The order Friday puts the onus on the UN Security Council and more particularly the US to enforce the order, legal observers said yesterday.

The court made the orders with a majority of 13 judges in favour and two against, Judges Julia Sebutinde of Uganda and Aharon Barak of Israel opposed all the orders.

“israel” announced its “war cabinet” would meet immediately to discuss the court’s ruling. “israeli” officials said they were talking “under the table” about the ICJ ruling as well as International Criminal Court arrest warrants for prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and war minister Yoav Gallant.

The officials said they expected the US to use its veto at the Security Council to neutralise the court’s findings.

The ruling is a testament to South Africa’s courage and determination in following up on its applications in January and March, observers said.

They also said it would increase calls on the White House to step up pressure to rein in “israel”, especially in the light of the ICC’s arrest warrants for “israeli” leaders Netanyahu and Gallant.

They doubted “israel” would voluntarily implement the court’s orders. They believe it will ultimately be up to the US to stand by its obligations as the main enforcer of the ICJ rulings.

The court ruled “israel” must:

Immediately halt its military offensive, and any other action in the Rafah Governorate, which may inflict on the Palestinian group in Gaza conditions of life that could bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

Maintain open the Rafah crossing for unhindered provision at scale of urgently needed basic services and humanitarian assistance;

Take effective measures to ensure the unimpeded access to the Gaza Strip of any commission of inquiry, fact-finding mission or other investigative body mandated by competent organs of the United Nations to investigate allegations of genocide; and

Shall submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to this Order, within one month as from the date of this Order.

Reporters in Gaza said most people were unaware of the ruling as most do not have access to the internet. They say “israeli” forces have kept up shelling and air strikes against Rafah and across the Gaza ghetto.

The court also “expressed its grave concern over the fate of the hostages abducted during the attack in Israel on 7 October 2023 and held since then by Hamas and other armed groups, and called for their immediate and unconditional release. The Court finds it deeply troubling that many of these hostages remain in captivity and reiterates its call for their immediate and unconditional release.”

What do you think?

462 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by WebAdmin

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Loading…

0

Who will arrest Bibi; who won’t – ICC roses and stinkblaar

Zionists launch ‘refined’ genocide on Rafah in defiance of ICJ